asPitchDetect :  schmittMachine support schmittMachine Support Home
Questions related to the asPitchDetect Xtra  
Problem with Realtek HD
Date: October 28, 2008 02:49AM

I have a Realtek HD card in a HPlaptop. The device list contains:[Aux1;Microphone,Mixer...] the source list for every device is [Master Volume].

I need to capture only the input because there is program audio, which is getting mixed with the input via the [Master Volume]. This background audio is intefering with acuate captue of the input pitch.

There are also various set Param failed errors.

I can work around the errors, but the [Master Volume] is a show stopper.
I have tested the software on many machines, this HD card seems to be a problem. I have also tested on Realtek Ac-97 on a desktop and works fine.

I could really use some support ASAP. I am becomming late on the delivery of this code.

Thanks Jeff Moses

P.s I have also contacted you via email.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with Realtek HD
Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: October 28, 2008 09:58AM

(same answer as in the email, but posted here for archiving)

Hello,
sorry, still no solution for this realtek HD problem. The problem is that getting or setting the default source is broken using the Xtra on the realtek HD.
The only solution : ask the users to set the input source using the standard Windows panel. Then restart the Xtra : it will use the current input source. Note that this problem occurs _only_ on the Realtek HD cards. All other cards work fine.
Let me know if you need more help.
Again, sorry about this,

Date: October 28, 2008 01:14PM

This Hd card is on a Vista machine, which is set up differently than previous versions of Windows. When you go to mixer you do not get the choice of playback or recording mixer, like xp and 2000. In previous versions you have a recording mixer with [mic, cd, ... master stereo]. In vista you only have windows, applications, and sounds. If you choose recording Vista allows you to only select from input device.

How do you indicate line-in or mic in Vista versus Master Volume.

Thank you again for such prompt support

Jeff Moses

Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: October 28, 2008 01:46PM

I don't have Vista and have never used it, but a quick google search gives me this explanation on how to select an input source on Vista :

[www.roemersoftware.com]

Hope this helps...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.