Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BytesXtra1.0 is available

Posted by antoine schmitt 
BytesXtra1.0 is available
April 01, 2008 05:31PM
The BytesXtra adds the 'bytes' datatype to Director.

This was rendered necessary by the fact that since Director11, all strings are now Unicode and thus do not allow binary data storage, especially the byte '0'. With this new datatype, fully integrated to Director, binary data can be manipulated.

Shockwave-safe and autodownloadable.
MacOSX (PPC and MacIntel) and Windows XP
Director MX2004 to Director11
freeware
Re: BytesXtra1.0 is available
May 10, 2008 07:49PM
Hi, Antoine,

I'm back, but this time with a question about the bytesxtra. I've been working on porting Todd Rundgren's smf player for fluidxtra to D11. His code uses the binaryio xtra, but I'm using fileio instead. I got everything working perfectly in D10 (fluidxtra is working out great for me, by the way), but I am having the obvious problem with bytes with the high bit set in D11. Somehow I should be able to use the bytesxtra to solve this problem, but I just don't understand how to use it (with fileio, at least though I've studied the bytesxtra api and demo movie). Could you show some sample code with the bytesxtra "in action"? Or, should I just be waiting for Valentin Schmidt to roll the bytes type into his binfile xtra code?

Thanks,

Peter
Re: BytesXtra1.0 is available
May 10, 2008 10:26PM
> should I just be waiting for Valentin Schmidt to roll the bytes type into his binfile xtra code?

I think that this is the only solution for you, I'm afraid..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login