asUDP :  schmittMachine support schmittMachine Support Home
Questions related to the asUDP Xtra 
asUDP 3, D11, and NAT
Posted by: Mitch ()
Date: April 04, 2008 04:20PM

Do you happen to have any working examples of an asUDP app (projector or shockwave) performing an assisted (via STUN or what not) or unassisted UDP punch-thru to another peer or server? This greatly effects whether or not I have to write my own D11 xtra or not smiling smiley Thanks in advance. --Mitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: asUDP 3, D11, and NAT
Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: April 04, 2008 05:29PM

Hi Mitch,
no I don't have an example and unfortunately have no expertise in this at all.
But normally, after all the discussions that I've had here and AFAIK the asUDP enables you to do this, since it can reply trough a firewall using the getBytesWithSenderInfo which returns you the (crypted in shockwave) IP of the sender, and then use this (crypted) IP to reply to the sender, using the same sending port as the receiving port. This should, again AFAIK, enable you to punch through NAT routers.
Let me know if you have problems,
thanks,

Posted by: Mitch ()
Date: April 05, 2008 08:51PM

Purchased smiling smiley

I really need to see first hand if it'll work out between say the Shockwave environment and a Projector. I've worked with asUDP2 prior and it took care of most everything I needed; so the $85-US was well worth I think. I'll post my source as an example if I manage to get NAT-punchthru working with STUN.

Posted by: stunturn ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:52PM

Hey Mitch,

Were you able to get NAT-punchthru working with STUN ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.