fluidXtra :  schmittMachine support schmittMachine Support Home
Questions related to the fluidXtra Xtra 
fluidxtra crashes Director
Posted by: Peter Hesterman ()
Date: May 01, 2008 04:31PM

Hi, Antoine,

First, I want to say the fluidxtra is working well for me as a midixtra substitute so far. However, I have found a situation where it causes Director to crash in authoring mode. I'm using fluidxtra 5.2 in Director MX 2004 on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.11.

The first crashes occurred when I was experimenting with Todd Rundgren's midifile parser/player for the fluidxtra. I traced the problem to code in the callback handler where the fluidxtra instance "synth" was set to 0. The crashes stopped when I commented out the "synth = 0" statement.

I experienced a similar problem in my own code, too. After calling synth.Free() in my callback method, "synth = 0" or "synth = void" causes a crash, but "put synth" (after calling free()) yields -- <Xtra child "fluidsynth" 2 933d090> in the message window. So, I can't seem to test for the instance's existence without causing a crash.

Thanks,

Peter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fluidxtra crashes Director
Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:08PM

Sorry about this..
I cannot reproduce the problem... Would you have a small code example that reproduces the problem that you could share with me ?
Thanks,

Posted by: Peter Hesterman ()
Date: May 03, 2008 12:56PM

Antoine,

OK, I attached a sample movie that never fails to crash Director for me the instant after I stop the movie. You'll have to put a reference to your own soundfont in the frame script. If I comment out the "synth = void" statements in the EndSprite and Event handlers it works fine.

There are ways to work around the problem, of course, but thanks for looking at it.

Peter

Attachments: sample.zip (7.2 KB)  
Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: May 03, 2008 06:39PM

Ok, it crashes for me too... Thanks !
I'll look into the problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.