fluidXtra :  schmittMachine support schmittMachine Support Home
Questions related to the fluidXtra Xtra 
d11 downloadfolder error in shockwave
Posted by: Peter Hesterman ()
Date: May 12, 2008 10:40PM

Hi again, Antoine,

I'm sorry to have so many questions. I was able to set up soundfont downloading in shockwave 10 with no problems--everything worked beautifully. When I ported my project over to d11, however, I got an error, "downloadfolder does not exist," when I used the downloadFolderContainsLocal method. I assumed that I must have done something wrong, but I found out that your fluidDownloadDemo_d11 also produces the same error in shockwave 11. I guess it's never easy.

You can see both shockwave 11 examples here:

Mine:
[www.ux1.eiu.edu]

Yours:
[www.ux1.eiu.edu]

and here's mine in shockwave 10:

[www.ux1.eiu.edu]

Thanks, and I hope you can help.

Peter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: d11 downloadfolder error in shockwave
Date: May 12, 2008 11:08PM

Sorry, I should've given a little more information. I was testing the Shockwave 11 examples on an Intel Mac, the Shockwave 10 example on a PPC Mac. I made sure that the xtra version was 5.2 in both cases. I haven't really done any serious testing with Windows yet (I only have XP), but trying things there quickly didn't produce any happy results either.

Peter

Posted by: antoine schmitt ()
Date: May 12, 2008 11:58PM

Hi Peter,
thanks for all this bug reporting. Really sorry about this, especially since I'm really busy these days and cannot check and fix everything right away. I'll do my best in the coming days/weeks to understand and fix everything I can.
Are you sure that the problem also happens on Windows ?

Date: May 13, 2008 01:24PM

The shockwave 10 examples work just as expected--Mac or Windows. The shockwave 11 examples fail as I described previously on the Mac, but they also fail in Windows (XP, I don't have Vista). In Windows, either nothing happens after the shockwave loads (not very helpful, I know) or, in the case of your download demo, this error message appears: "error loadSoundFontFailed to load soundfont..."

I hope you'll be able to check this out soon...I'm really counting on it as a shockwave 11 solution. Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help.

Thanks,

Peter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.